August 8, 2011

It's Vintage


This is my "new" vintage sewing machine. I love it.  It sews like a dream. The stitches are beautiful. It barely makes a sound. It was given to me by a family friend who wasn't sure if it worked.

Well it does, and it is perfect for quilting. Quilt sandwiches glide right under the needle. My broken cheapo Walmart Singer is headed to the tree lawn, but the accessories are staying, as they fit this machine! YAY!



Remember these squares? I am using them to make a Posie Gets Cozy inspired patchwork quilt.  It is a pleasure working on this quilt with my vintage machine. My seam allowances are exactly 1/4". Everything is straight. I am in quilting heaven.

7 comments:

  1. Debbie, love this sewing machine......why are things from the past so much better then all the fancy things out there. Especially if you just have to sew a straight line! And it's quiet, that's wonderful. Can't wait to you your quilt in the making. Take care, xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your machine reminds me of the old car classics. She's full of character and purrs like a kitten too.
    I look forward to seeing the end results of what you do with your pretty calico squares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new machine!! She's a beauty!! I love that it still sews so well... they just don't make them like that anymore. I just bought a new machine this weekend... at Wal-Mart. It's not nearly as cool as yours, and I'm sure it won't last as long either!

    Happy stitching!

    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolute treasure! You should get many more decades out of this machine. All love all of your cheerful fabric colors--especially your "wonky starts" ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for your sweet comment on my blog :D You know, I think my gran has a machine like this, and she still uses it too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my sweet heavens, you lucky girl you! :o)
    You must be so happy to receive such a special
    treasure! :o)
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky girl. I am green as Fiona from Shrek. I would DIE for a precious machine like this.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!