September 17, 2010

Happy Little Quilt



I really wanted to make another quilt after finishing my other one, but my budget was saying no. I went to Joann Fabrics with Becky the other day and started looking through the clearance bin and found bolts and bolts of the cutest fabrics for $2.00 a yard. I now have the fabric for my next quilt, also known as Happy Little Quilt :)

These colors are so much fun that I could hardly wait to get started. I am cutting 4" squares and am going to make a basic patchwork quilt. Please remind me to hand tie this quilt. My sewing machine can handle the patchwork, but not the quilting.

I am not sure when I'll actually start sewing this, what with the knitting mania happening at the moment. But knowing these fabric squares are waiting on my cutting table makes me happy.

3 comments:

  1. oooh gorgeous colours, and such a great price too, sadly the airfare to get to Jo-anns would make the overall price rather too much for me....... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I do believe you are my first American commenter! I love discovering new blogs and yours is delightful. Just knowing that someone out there is naming a quilt 'Happy Little Quilt' lifts my spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors, I think this will be a happy little quilt, definitely a happy little price. :)

    Thanks for the comment on my two monthly blocks, and in answer to your question, they are for nothing really! I like looking at them hanging beside my desk for the month, and it's fun to be able to "finish" something so quickly. I have enough unfinished things laying around, it gives me a sense of accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!