June 6, 2011

Polka Dots and Patchwork Squares

 

In an attempt to pretty up the craft room, I decided my sewing machine cover was in dire need of replacing. So I decided to make a new one.  I knew that I wanted to add some patchwork, and I wanted to practice making binding in anticipation of making another quilt.

I read a few tutorials online about making a sewing machine cover, and then came up with my own design. Basically all you have to do is measure the width of your machine (mine was 16") and then measure from the bottom of the front to the bottom of the back (mine was 27"). Basically you will be making a rectangle of that size, adding whatever details you would like. I used cute ribbon as ties on the side. The picture above is the front of my cover.


And this is the back.  I used leftover fabric from other projects. I am so loving this combo of red, green, aqua and white.  I may not sew with any other colors from now on. :)

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Debbie, it's so pretty and I am taken with those colours too.........my poor old sewing machine is still wearing her original plastic cover......shame on me, lol.

    lily x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polka dots, florals, and gingham~ all of my favorites! Your cover turned out so adorable~ I bet it looks so cute and cheery in your craft room!
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - your cover is gorgeous. I love the fabrics and colours you chose!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!