June 3, 2011

My Best Recipes


Can the cover of this cookbook be any cuter? I adore it's kitcshy vintage vibe, but what I love even more are the memories that this book holds. This cookbook was published in 1969 as a fundraiser for the Central Baptist Church in Jamestown, Rhode Island. I spent the first 9 years of my life there, and this cookbook holds memories of so many people who were a part of my childhood.

There are recipes contributed by my grandfather (who is no longer with us and who taught me to tie my shoes), my mom's aunt (one of my most favorite people ever), my 3rd grade teacher (who I adored) and several members of the small island community whose recipes have become favorites.


I have made this banana bread since I was 12 years old and my Mom first let me have free reign in the kitchen. It is so delicious, freezes well and it is a great way to use up those over ripe bananas that are lingering on your counter. Make sure you preheat your oven, and grease and flour your loaf pan (or use baking spray).

Your family will thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    Love the cookbook cover and all its sentiment. Those definitely are the best type of cookbooks. I have a few church and school type fundraiser cookbooks and the recipes are good family fare yummies! Thanks for sharing the banana bread recipe, I love making banana bread and even like to eat it frozen. Weird!? Have a lovely weekend, xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!