June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Table Runner


  

This is my Memorial Day Weekend runner. I am not sure where the sudden desire to quilt came from, but once it started I headed to blogland and flickr for inspiration.



 I headed to the craftroom, and dug through my fabric and set to work. I am not sure if there is anything more satisfying than cutting lots of happy little squares of fabric. I love squares.
♥ Especially red, aqua and white squares.



I spent pleasurable afternoon making the quilt top. The next day I made the quilt sandwich, and started quilting.  I bought a walking foot for my sewing machine earlier in the week, and it made the quilting so much easier. I quilted over the next few days, and then set to work making the binding strip and sewing it on. I hand stitched the back of the binding, which I found strangely satisfying.


 

I am really happy with the finished runner.  I love my table. Flowers in a mason jar, and candle holders from Ikea. It makes me smile every time I walk into my dining room. I love when a project turns out exactly as you pictured it in your mind.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie, your table runner turned out so perfect~ so darn cute! I love your color combo and those fabrics are so great!
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you've used in your table runner, it's so fresh and summery.

    I must learn to quilt, something I've never tried.

    lily x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table runner, Debbie! I love the colours and the way you have combined them and quilted it - just gorgeous!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!