March 11, 2022

Hopscotch and Freckles Baby Quilt

The fun team at Poppie Cotton invited me to be a part of the Hopscotch and Freckles fabric tour, and I couldn't wait to play with this cute fabric!


 

These cute prints were meant to be made into a baby quilt, so I took a look through some of my quilting books and settled on this cute quilt.

 

The pattern is from the Spelling Bee book by Lori Holt, as was lots of fun to put together. I am a big fan of simple patchwork quilts, but the best part was making the letters to spell the name of friend's cute new granddaughter. To fill out the name block and add extra color, I added a sawtooth block.

 

I am still deciding how I want to quilt this. Straight lines are my go to, but I'm thinking some fun FMQ might be really cute.



I know for sure that I am going to use a scrappy binding to finish this off. I hope Eris and her Mama love this quilt as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!