October 14, 2014

Birthdays!!!






Today I get to wish my very favorite quilting book, Quilty Fun, a very happy birthday. I'm so excited to share a birthday week with the book that has taught me so much over the past year.

I've learned that steam is my enemy, vintage irons are awesome and the difference between pressing and ironing.

I've learned how to make flying geese, teeny tiny four patches and fun piecing techniques.
I am well on my way to finishing the cutest quilt I have ever made. Thank you so much Lori Holt for writing such an amazing, and helpful book. Not to mention cute! How could I forget cute???????

If you'd like to make your own birthday block, here are the cutting directions. I made mine into a cute table topper to be used on family birthdays!! We tested mine yesterday :)

Happy Quilting! and Happy Birthday Quilty Fun!!!

13 comments:

  1. What an adorable little cake! I loved reading about all the things you learned from using Lori's book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet blogging friend. I wish you the most joyous year.....and lots of time to create and inspire!!!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Debbie! I am in love with your block! Can't wait to see the quilt, I know it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Debbie and Quilty Fun!!! I LOVE your cake so much…and with the fork and plate…the photo is over the top CUTE!!! Thanks for celebrating with me and for all of kind words about me and my very first book:)
    xx
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the polka dot cake! So cute!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, this must be the cutest block ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea, so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cake, I love that you added a border!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so cute! I'm using a similar dotty fabric right now in my scarecrows!
    Happy belated birthday! I just had one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Divine, delectable even, in Pam Kitty Morning fabrics! Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love your blog. I just found it and i love all of your "Quilty Things!" Will you ever go back to blogging? PLEASE?

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!