August 10, 2014

Sew Together


One of the things I love most about the blogland and instagram is all of the amazingly talented people who love to share what they make. One item that kept popping up was the sew together bag. I was really intrigued, but totally scared of the idea of 4 (FOUR) zippers. But the bag was calling my name. I was up for the challenge.

One of the most enjoyable parts of making this bag is choosing fabric. You know I love happy scrappy, so I started pulling thought ALL of my Bonnie and Camille scraps. Bliss, Ruby, Vintage Modern, Marmalade, Happy Go Lucky and Scrumptious are all part of this bag.

The zippers had to be scrappy too!

The pattern design is very clever, but to be honest, without the sew along by The Quilt Barn, I don't think I would have been able to finish this. I am a total visual learner, and the pattern had very few diagrams and photos. The pattern is called the Sew Together Bag and you can purchase it on Craftsy.

The pattern calls for machine binding, but this was such a small project that I decided to hand stitch the binding. I love the way it looks. The Ruby Sundae print is one of my favorite binding prints.....ever. Someone commented on Instagram and said I needed some Clover clips, my little budget clippies work just fine :)
I think I love the inside of the bag almost as much as the outside. It was so much fun to play with so many of my favorite fabrics, and use up some of the scraps from my scrap bins. The cute little label is from my dear sweet friend Christina, who makes these cute little labels and sells them in her adorable shop Emily Ann's Kloset.

I enjoyed making this from start to finish, and I am no longer afraid of zippers. I may or may not have made another bag, and have one more in the works....


19 comments:

  1. You're fabric is adorable! I am with you on the zip fear-I am always so afraid I am going to ruin what ever it is that needs a zip! It turned out gorgeous! Maybe I can get up the courage to make one!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it on your IG feed, it is beautiful! Just love your version of this bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks complicated, but how beautifully it turned out! Really love it, all that super qute fabric combined, and that patchwork outside. Love it!! Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and it is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing your sew together bag on instagram so I just had to tell you again, it's adorable!! Good to know about the extra help that is out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favourite sew together bag that I have seen, I just love your fabric choices. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Debbie! I too am terrified to make it. I am such a visual person as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've drooled over this on Instagram so thought I'd take another look and tell you how adorable it is! I'm finishing my first one but my next bag with be a Bonnie and Camille version for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sew cute! Love the special little sew in label, too. <3

    ´*•.¸(´*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
    ♥•.*.*.*.Cherry*.*.*.•♥
    ♥•.*.*.*.Chick.*.*.*.•♥
    ¸.•*´(¸.•*´♥´*•.¸)´*•.¸

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow I love it, your choice of fabrics is gorgeous. I purchased the pattern last week and I've sewn and quilted my outside piece...just need to pop in to town to get some zips! Thank you for the link to the The Quilt Barn. Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bag! I've been watching these pop up everywhere and have also heard others remark that it's tricky to figure out the directions. Well worth a try, though! Yours is just the cutest version yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love the fabric your work with, such fresh, cheerful colours and you create such beautiful items too. Thanks for the inspiration
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love you bag & fabrics. Have ordered the pattern and am looking forward to the zips with fear & trepidation. But eager to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Чудесная работа!!! и очень интересный у вас блог!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is terrific! I've got to make myself one of these--thanks for the link to the sew-along. I'd lost my link to that help. And like others, I love your label!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done! You chose beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I too am a little afraid of zips, but this bag certainly is trial by fire though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful. I made my bag from B & C fabrics to, I use it everyday. Its such a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am new to your blog and LOVE it!

    Your bag turned out so cute and your choice of happy fabrics is delightful. Like you, I would have been intimidated with all of those zippers! yikes!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!