August 16, 2012

Granny Marmalade

It's official. I am addicted to these adorable granny square blocks! A customer asked if I would make a granny square pillow with Marmalade and here is the result.
I went totally scrappy with both the block and the binding. When I first saw Marmalade I was disappointed when I saw the stripe, but then I thought, YAY!! Cool binding! What was I thinking?????
I love how it looks with the quilt, and am so happy with the quilting.

Lori over at Bee In My Bonnet has more cute projects for the granny block and I can hardly wait to get started!!

And admit it...did you start singing "hey sister soul sister soul sister soul sister" when you read the title of this post???


17 comments:

  1. Such a pretty pillow! I haven't had a chance to make a granny square yet, too bust with other projects, but I could make a pillow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cute! The fabrics are adorable and they came together to create a darling little pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And the striped binding is PERFECT {Soul Sister!}.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your killing me with all the cuteness!!! I have so much on my plate right now I can't do one more thing....however a granny square is now a MUST!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cure! I love your colors and how you put it together. You did a very nice job. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet more total gorgeousness - your stuff is all just so lovely - Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Debbie,grannies are great, you put it all together so nicely
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! So gorgeous, and the stripes make perfect binding:>)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The striped piping is fabulous! Love how you centered the fabric for each miniature square, too. Your attention to detail is what makes your work so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pillow and the colors are cute !!!
    You've got classic skills (:
    Have a happy weekend
    Ella xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable pillow/cushion! I have 10 yards of similar stripe fabric that gives me a headache just to look at it . . now I know what to use it for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous pillow....and the striped binding is adorable, it finishes it off so perfectly!
    Have a happy week, Debbie!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debbie i just wanted to tell you please comment on my newest post
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore these colors and the pattern for these pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your granny cushion out of marmalade! The binding looks great : )

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!