June 14, 2011

Tuesday

Today is such a gorgeous day. The weather is cool and crisp with not a touch of humidity! Perfect.

I should be outside working in the yard, and planting unplanted plants, but if you live in northeast Ohio and within a mile of Lake Erie, you are cursed with swarms of insects known as muffleheads aka canadian soldiers aka midges. They are everywhere.

So while deciding how to spend this gorgeous day, I put on a pot of coffee and finished cleaning the kitchen. I thought I heard water dripping, but thought maybe the neighbors were watering their plants. Until I felt water under my feet. A burst pipe. Clean up on aisle 4.

Not to be deterred by insects or burst pipes I decided to head to the craft room and work on my quilt.


Can I just say I am really loving this whole patchwork process. The hum of the machine. The steam from the iron. Cutting strips and squares of gorgeous fabric. Watching as the squares become a gorgeous quilt top.
I finished the quilt top this afternoon and now have to make some floor room so I can lay out the backing and get everything put together.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, Love your fabrics for the quilt. They are so pretty and sewing up fast. What is in the basket? Looks nice! Stay away from the mosquitoes. Not a fan of them either! Have fun sewing. xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you patchwork - and how relaxing to disappear into that crafty world away from the midges and burst pipes! Crafting is so good for the soul among life's stresses! I look forward to seeing your quilt all put together.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your creation!! :o) I just love those fabrics. :o)
    Your crochet is just gorgeous!! I love how pretty and chunky it looks. :o)
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt you are making the colors scream summer! Love your basket of what I think is dish rags looks like a cool pattern!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!