June 20, 2011

Daydream Quilt Top

Here is the finished "Daydream" quilt top. This is my first attempt at making blocks and using sashing, and I have learned that precise cutting and sewing are reeeaaaalllly important. I can see lots of boo-boos, but I am guessing that once I get this all quilted it probably won't make much of a difference. I LOVE the border on the quilt. I think this is my favorite part!



I am crazy about the  fabric that Becky chose for the back of the quilt. We found this at Joann's and really thought the bold graphic was still vintage enough for the "cottage" feel of the quilt. I don't think I mentioned where I found the pattern I am using. It is by sweetjane and you can buy it on her etsy shop. I am no way affiliated, I just really like her patterns.

I am ordering a free motion foot for my sewing machine and am going to try to teach myself how to stipple. I will wait to actually do the quilting until I am totally comfortable with stippling. How long will it take me to learn?

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Debbie! I love those sunshiny colours against the white sashing. Have a happy quilting week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful!! I am just in love with the colors of those fabrics together with the white!! :o) You did a beautiful job!! :o)
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie, You did a great job! Love all your beautiful bright color choices. A lovely daydreaming quilt! You make me want to do a little sewing! Have a super week. xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete