October 13, 2010


Today is my 50th birthday. I am not sure how I feel about this. I mean I love birthdays, but I wasn't happy about receiving an invitation to join AARP. I am officially a Golden Girl. I somehow don't feel like I am old enough to be 50. Does that make sense? It's just a number, right? So bring on the birthday cake! I think I can handle 50 candles.

I've been thinking about some of the things I would like to do or accomplish during the next year, so I thought I would see if I come up with 50 things. Here it goes.

Walk everyday for exercise.
Be positive.
Find a job I love.
Spend lots of time with my family.
Be a better cook.
Figure out how to bake the perfect brownie.
Be more loving.
Plant hydrangea bushes.
Drink more water.
Take more road trips.
Learn yoga.
Stop procrastinating.
Be grateful.
Make a difference in people's lives.
Live in the moment.
Do something creative everyday.
Take a dance class.
Master Photoshop.
Take more photos.
Give more hugs.
Live in the moment.
Decorate the house for every holiday.

Make every day a special day.
I think if I can just do this each day, I will be a happy girl.


  1. Happy Birthday, Debbie! 50 is young these days! I like your list - there are thoughtful tips for us all there. Have a very happy day at happy little cottage and a wonderful year ahead!
    Helen x

  2. Happy Birthday, you are 50 years young. That looks like a most splendid cake.

  3. Happy belated Birthday! I'm almost 6 years older and it's not that bad. As long as you are young at heart you are all set!!! Have a great year!
    Hugs, Robin

  4. Happy Birthday!! 50? Ah, you're just a spring chick! Hope your birthday is fabulous!!
    PS: LOVE that list!!

  5. happy birthday, you little *pup* you!
    i'm starting to write my *departing 50's* speech....LOL.
    50's are great.
    you LOOK fab beyond words!
    and i like your list too.

  6. i hope you had a wonderful birthday! and i hope today is a special day...

  7. Happy Birthday! Your list is awesome! That cake looks super delicious too! Have a wonderful year!
    Peace, Angela (Peach Coglo)

  8. Happy Birthday! I think that is a wonderful list!

  9. Belated wishes for a very Happy Birthday! Hope the next decade's off to a fun start! Great list, but add "Eat more cake!" :-)

  10. I decided to go back to the beginning and read your whole blog! Haha, Happy 50th a couple years ago, I'll be 60 in April sigh, big sigh. But it's all good, how have you done with your list?

    Can I just say that fabric from The Simple Life is simply beautiful. Now I'm off to read more of your blog.



I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!