August 25, 2010

Progress

I am making progress on the craft room/studio/guest room project.

before:



I have eliminated most of the clutter.

I have painted the walls. The color is Cottage White by Behr.

I have ripped out the carpeting.
Let me repeat that.
I have ripped out the carpeting.
By myself.
If I knew that I could rip out carpet by myself,
this carpet would have been gone about ten years ago.

Ripping out carpet is dirty and dusty work. But I did it!
It feels so good to get things done.

I am trying to decide what to do with the wood floors.
Part of them are in OK shape, and part of them are in not so OK shape.
I am wondering if I would be able to refinish them. Or maybe paint them.
Or just give them a good clean and find an area rug.

The room looks really empty, but I kind of like it. No clutter!
There is space for my sewing machine.



I found these pink baskets at Michaels for 80% off. $10.00 for five of them.
I love a bargain.



I am not sure what to do about the light fixture.
I bought this one from Ikea, and I don't think it can be shortened
enough so that I don't walk into it.
Do any of you have experience hanging one of these?


The only other major purchase for this room is a daybed. Hoping to find one at a garage sale or a thrift store. If all else fails there is one at Ikea that I like, but need to save my pennies for that.

I have never really taken photos in this room before, and it is dark! I've tried taking photos in the morning and afternoon, and natural light is a problem,
so I apologize for the somewhat fuzzy underexposed photos.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Debbie! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Welcome to blogland, I see you're a newbie. Your room pics intrigued me because I have a dollhouse too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! Thanks for stopping by Sassafras Stuff and leaving a note! It is nice to connect with you! Love your blog name....happy little cottage....that is too cute!

    Your creative space is coming together quite nicely! It is fun to have a place all your own to get creative!

    I found that big cabinet you asked about on Craigs List. And, yes, I think Mod Podge is one of the best inventions EVER!!!

    Take care,

    Polly

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!