November 4, 2017

Spelling Bee Saturday


Today's Spelling Bee Saturday is brought to you by the letter "d". I'm sharing today with cute Holly Draney on instagram who is making the upper case "D".

You can find this cute block in the book Spelling Bee Saturday by Lori Holt. Once again, Lori has written a wonderful book full of super cute projects. But for me, the most important thing is how Lori writes her patterns. They are so easy to follow and almost fool proof. Even a beginning quilter can make a fun block!!


I decided to make my block into a project bag for my knitting. Because "d" is for debbie!! (I love lower case letters!!) I made a the smaller lower case block and added my favorite 2.5" squares to make a patchwork block. I used a cute floral print from Dear Diary by Riley Blake for the letter backed with linen.






There are so many projects that can be made with these cute letters and blocks! The book is available here. If you want to see lots of cute projects with these letters take a look here!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! You just gave me an idea with this "d" block. I have this book, but did not join the quilt along because I have too much stuff going on right now. But I would love to use this initial for a bag like this because my name begins with "d", too. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is super cute! Love how you're incorporated your block :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!