August 7, 2015

Summer Sewing????

Our weather here in Ohio has been more like fall than summer, so I thought I might as well play with some cute Halloween fabrics. These are by Maude Asbury for Blend Fabrics and are "Spooktacular". I wanted to make something to take advantage of the large scale prints, and decided on a tote bag.

I used a fun pattern by Sotak Handmade and you can find the pattern here.
This was easy to put together and really lets the fabric take center stage. This is a big bag and will hold lots of candy..... Or knitting..... Or would be fun to use a tote bag during the month of October. I'd love to make a few more of these in a smaller size for a few little trick or treaters that I know. This one has been claimed by my son's girlfriend, who absolutely adores owls.

Next up.... Christmas????


7 comments:

  1. Love the bag. It's adorable!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute bag Debbie! Perfect fabric for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to showcase that adorable fabric--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! Great job, your favorite holiday! xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I am getting ready to do some fall sewing next week. Cannot believe summer is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie. How are you? That owl print is gorgeous! You are so good at the sewing machine. It has been ages since I tried out mine. But I feel a winter of sewing is coming on maybe. I need to make a dent in my fabric stash.
    So I was looking for your Etsy shop but couldn't find it... And then I found your Storenvy shop. It looks great. You should stock it up with Halloween goodies. I still have my Etsy but are looking for an e-commerce supplier for my Yarn Shop. May I ask how your experience has been with Storenvy? Easy set up? Easy selling?
    Hope all is well.
    Xxx
    Annette

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!