May 15, 2015

It's Baking Day



Hi Everyone! It's another Farmgirl Friday and time to make something cute! I'm in charge of the Baking Day block. How cute are these bowls and wooden spoon??? Are your bowls vintage Pyrex? Or maybe they're from World Market...or Anthropologie?

Lori Holt has written another amazing book, and each block is cuter than the other. I love that you have your choice of block size, either 6" or 12". The 6" size is so cute and perfect for pot holders, or I was thinking of a pocket on an apron! Or sew all of them to make the super cute Farmgirl Vintage Sampler Quilt!!

My first thought for fabric for the farmgirl blocks was going to be 1930's repro fabrics, but Lori's fabrics are just so perfect! Fat Quarter shop has a Farmgirl Vintage bundle hand picked by Miss Bee!!



I hope you'll keep sewing along with us! You can find a list of all of the amazing bloggers who are sewing along here.. You can also check out #farmgirlfridays on Instagram to see lots and lots and lots of cute Farmgirl blocks.

7 comments:

  1. This is such a cute block and love it in those fabrics! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! I love your Baking Day block so much!!! Thank you for sewing it and being a guest blogger on Farm Girl Friday:)
    I smiled when you said "apron pocket" did you go check out today's Sew Along tutorial on my my Farm Girl Friday blog post???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving these blocks so far! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look great! By the way my bowls are Fiestaware. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute blocks Debbie. I checked out the book and there is a LOT of them! Pretty fabric too (I love that little string block).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie!! Your baking day block is super cute. I was also wondering where you got the fat quarter in the picture that is yellow is the white criss cross and flowers. I am in love!!

    Thanks,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block is really cute. That was my first thought to make my bowls look like Pyrex.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!