March 31, 2014

Color Play

I have been having fun playing with color and trying new techniques for the past few weeks. If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I love color, but that I usually mix it with white. Lots of white. This cute little pincushion has white, but I love the text print that still adds more color. Fussy cut fabric buttons are my new favorite :)

Check out these double hexagons. Almost no white to break up all that color and all those prints.
The finished pillow. One of my favorite makes ever. You can find the tutorial here if you'd like to make one. It is called the Easy Double Hexagon Pillow. Easy? Yes. But very labor intensive. I think it was worth it though.  Small projects are still making me happy.
I also tried a different Dresden plate using Lori Holt's smaller thimble ruler. 12 blades instead of 20. It allows you to use larger prints which is wonderful.

The above photos are from both my camera and my phone. I am really having a hard time with my camera lately. I have tons of natural light in my new house, but am having a difficult time capturing it with my camera. I love composition of my phone photos (instagram) and they look wonderful there, but not so much here on my blog. I am hoping to have some time to play with my camera, and get the photos here back to the way they were last year. 

Check back later this week for a fun giveaway!!!




16 comments:

  1. Love the pillow and the pin cushion is so cute. I am constantly having problems with my camera too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the fabrics you have chosen aren't too floral or girly, they're just beautiful colourful designs! A lot of pattern fabric can be far too much for me but I think you've got this just right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pincushion and pillow!! Love everything you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super little makes, really love your cushion :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The issue with your pictures probably isn't your camera, but with a new feature on blogger that "enhances" photos. You will need to manually change this setting yourself. I recently saw a post that explains how to do this here: http://www.remodelandolacasa.com/2014/03/kjfeoetti.html

    I'm always so envious of your beautiful quilt pieces when I visit. Love the new pieces you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooo longing for spring and your photos are quenching my "springy thirst". The new cushion is gorgeous!

    Birgitta x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cushions, really, really, really pretty
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Debbie! Those darling fussy cut buttons! I would love them too. And the pillow is gorgeous, that size is probably all I would have patience for in such a difficult looking pattern, but it sure is worth it :>) I have usually used white for sashing and blank spaces in my quilts, but have recently decided I'm ready to try some solid colors instead. I love everything you make:>)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm... Did My comment really come through...it said wait and I waited...and waited...so I decided to try again..lol...all I wanted to say was...LOVE!!!!:0)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colours and fabrics here, Debbie! You are so talented at combining fabrics together and making something very special!
    Happy week ahead!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Debbie ...you have a lovely blog. I am your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debbie! I was just questioning whether I should follow my creative passion and blogging or not and then I read your profile. I'm encouraged! You sound a lot like me! I think I'll keep going and put the computer down for awhile and do what I love to do -- create! Your blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! This is my favorite kind of comment!!! xoxo

      Delete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!