July 28, 2012

One Great Granny

I haven't finished any more blocks for the granny along, but I did finish this

One Great Granny block, which I turned into a pillow! These grannies are so fun to make, and I love cutting my scraps into neat stacks of 2 1/2 inch squares and then arranging them into colorful blocks!

This block is all Fly A Kite by Riley Blake, and I had fussy cut several squares before I realized I had to cut them at an angle...but I managed to save a few! I am super happy with the binding. The tiny damask print frames the pillow perfectly.  I just did some straight line quilting because I wanted the design and fabrics to take center stage. I added a border around the square, and it fits a 16" pillow form nicely.

I have so many ideas of things I would like to make right now, so the grannies are on the back burner at the moment. I saw a pattern that Clara is working on over at Clover and Violet, and I am on the hunt for the pattern and ruler. But maybe I should finish the grannies first? To be continued....


  1. Debbie the cushion is so so so cute
    I love it its so cute
    Have a fab weekend
    Ella xx
    PS please become one of my followers

  2. So beautiful.....just adore it! I am so glad to have found your beautiful blog recently....you inspire me so much, thak you.
    and thank you too for your sweet offer of help...that is so kind x
    I have finished my quilt at long last, it is not professional like yours though!...will be blogging about it next week
    love jooles x

  3. Very cute! I love the fussy cut little girl in the center!

  4. Love your pillow! October Afternoon fabric is so cute!

  5. I just wanted you to know that I featured you on my blog today, of blogs I'm loving right now.

  6. very sweet. I don't think I will ever get used to quilt blogs being called 'granny squares' I always think of crochet!

  7. That is so cute! The best part is the sweet little girl in the center.

  8. Your cushion is perfection! Lovely, lovely!

  9. It's gorgeous! I love the binding, it's perfect.
    The whole thing is very pretty indeed!

  10. Great idea to make a pillow out of your block! I recently finished a quilt with these blocks, but I cut the size in half and used my favorite dark primitive colors.

  11. This is such a gorgeous cushion! I love all the fabrics, and especially the fussy cut little girl patch in the centre...such a sweet idea :)
    Have a great week, Debbie!
    Helen x

  12. Beautiful pillow Debbie, love the fussy cut squares. It's hard to stay focused on one thing at a time when there are so many pretty things to make! Going to check out your link : )


I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!