May 29, 2012

Color Inspiration

I bought this zipper pouch at Michael's for $1.00. I couldn't resist because the colors and pattern reminded me of Cath Kidston. Last night, while blog hopping, I came across a pattern for a pincushion and thought I might give it a try. It called for four colors and I immediately thought of  my cute little pouch. I grabbed some yarn and set to work. The yarn I was using made the squares much too large for a pin cushion, but they ARE the perfect size for a pillow! I have three done and can hardly wait to work on more this evening!

Oh, and if you haven't tried Pic Monkey's collage feature yet, you really should. It is so easy peasy lemon squeezy :)

Happy Tuesday!

12 comments:

  1. Oh love your crocheted squares and anything Cath Kidston is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely combination of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am swooning over that color combo. I bought that exact same pouch at Michaels plus some matching note cards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colours are splendid together, lovely and Spring like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with those colors, too, and wish I could afford everything Cath Kidston sells :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Those colors are so great together. It's going to look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are my fave colours! Looking forward to the final "TA-DA" for the pillow.

    I';ll have to try Pic Monkey's collage. Everyone is talking about them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these colours together - I recently made a quilt in them to coordinate with my Cath Kidston spotty bedlinen. But your granny squares have now inspired me to crochet a cushion cover to match too :-) Look forward to seeing your pillow when it's done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours are so wonderfully integrated... looking forward to a pillow with lots of beautiful granny square.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I immediately thought that was from Cath Kidston until i read your post! love the squares...very sweet ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is going to be a beautiful pillow! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!