April 5, 2012


I was super excited to be able to get a charm pack of Bonnie and Camille's new Vintage Modern. It has been sitting in my drawer for a month until I found the perfect project for it. And I think I found it.


I am following a tutorial by Jodi over at Pleasant Home and am really having a good time putting these blocks together. I am making my half square triangles using this method and I think it is a bit easier.

This picture made me chuckle. It is so me. If you notice, there is my project that I am working on, fabric for another project that is in the works and a giant cup of coffee. And yes, I really do use my happy little pin cushions! I love having all of these colors and prints in front of me. It makes me happy!


  1. I love love pinwheels! I've always pieced them with paper triangles on a roll. I'll have to pop over to your links and see what you've found! Have a wonderful weekend :)

  2. So cute Debbie! I am so going to get some of the Vintage Modern for myself. It's so pretty. Have a great weekend!

  3. Look at the perfection of those pinwheels. I am amazed. Gave it a go once, but I just couldn't figure out how to make the middle match up properly so I put it aside for the future. Looks lovely.

    Well, talking about cutting table... Mine is far off as tidy as yours. It looks like a dump. I tend to drag everything out and spread it around me when I work. Making a complete and utter mess. :D Plus I tend to have half a dozen ideas on the go at the same time... And never finishing off a single one... (Maybe because I never get more than maximum 30 minutes undisturbed time to work on something...) You are well more organized and focused than me, that's for sure. It is pure happiness though, I totally agree.

    Happy Easter my friend. I am going outside to look at the cows that arrived this morning. With a cup of tea and my crochet bag I think. And in PJ's. Lovely start on the holidays. :D

  4. Oh and by the way CONGRATULATIONS on your huge shop success. I see you are doing fantastic. Well done!!! ♡♡♡Annette

  5. What beautiful eye candy you have going in that picture! :)
    I have made Jodi's pinwheels before as well. I love them!
    Your mug and other projects are fun as well!
    Happy Good Friday! :)

  6. Your pinwheels are so sweet, I too use that method of making pinwheels so much easier! Need to add that fabric to my wish list, it never ends!! Have a Happy Easter.

  7. Hi Debbie,
    Happy Easter weekend to you. I love your HaPpY pinwheel squares and your fabric is just so perfect. You really are making so many lovely fabric goodness. So many beautiful fabrics out there. YuMmY!

  8. I love your pinwheels!! I would love to have the patience to sew:) I've make a few simple things in my life....but nothing nearly as pretty as your work!!

  9. I love your pinwheels Debbie! So cute!
    Our work tables look just alike!
    Including the big cup of coffee. :o)
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    hugs. Trish xoxo

  10. Oh gosh, this is going to be a great quilt! Vintage Modern is a great line!

  11. Pinwheels is a great choice for those fabrics. It shows them nicely. Cheers! (to coffee)

  12. looking forward to hearing about the next project too! :)

  13. Gorgeous pinwheels, Debbie! One of my favourite quilt blocks of all! Your fabrics are so bright and fresh, they look lovely. And I'm glad to see you also have a nice big cup of coffee!
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter.
    Helen x

  14. I love pinwheels and I love this fabric! What a happy quilt this will be:>) I hope your Easter was wonderful!


I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!