December 12, 2011

December 12 - The Taste of Christmas


Chai. Otherwise known as the official drink of Christmas.  I will never forget the first time I had a chai latte. We were walking around the village square in Medina, Ohio looking at the Christmas lights and window shopping. It was cold and snowy, so we decided to warm up in the local coffee shop. And there on the menu board was something called Chai. I asked the barista what it was, and he said to just try it. So I did. And after the first sip I said "This tastes like Christmas"!  And I still think it does.

10 comments:

  1. I love Chai tea also. I buy it in the instant mix now and have it in place of desert!
    It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chai too... I'll have to be sure and have some this December. Your movie list made me remember my list from last year. I'll have to find it and repost it tomorrow. I love the old movie Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried this before. But, anything that tastes like Christmas is fantastic to me! And, is that a cute little Mary mug I see?? That will make it taste even more spectacular! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried Chai before. But just like Shann said, if it tastes like Christmas it has to be fabulous.
    I too am admiring your darling ME mug. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chai is my favorite! I think I need a cup today, and I'll always think of it as Christmas from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! (Have you made it with light eggnog? To die for!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, I will have to give it a try! xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I wish it was able to get it easy in my country. No one really knows it and they misses so much. It has such a great taste and I spent a lot wonderfull moments with it. Reminds me of my stay in the US, where I drank it first time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Chai with milk and sugar. Maybe even a little whip cream. And a cookie. Or two :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!