This truly is a spooky little quilt. You know how sometimes a project is doomed from the get-go? This is one of the them. Don't be fooled the cuteness of the pictures :)
The piecing went fast and easy because I used 6" squares. After everything was sewn together I realized that the quilt really needed some green. But I thought the "plus" pattern looked pretty cool. Then came the quilting. I thought I would do some diagonal lines, but things started going horribly wrong half way through. My walking foot was an epic fail. So I switched back to the vintage foot that came with the machine, and did some straight stitching along each seam. A bit better. I decided to give machine stitched binding a try and in theory it is an awesome idea. Parts of the binding are absolutely perfect and other parts not so much.
In spite of all my mishaps in making this quilt, most of them disappeared after a fast trip through the washer and dryer. Once again, there is nothing like taking a warm, puckery quilt from the dryer and being able to say "I made a quilt".