August 29, 2011

The Teahouse


The Teahouse at the Treehouse Gallery is my favorite spot for lunch during the summer.  This house was built in 1850 and now is a gift shop filled with really cute housewares and collectibles. But if you walk around back you will find this delightful patio that feels like someone's back yard.



There are only a few tables surrounded by potted plants and herbs, and it is the perfect spot for an outdoor meal and a fruity sangria. The door leads to a side porch which has inside seating, and is so lovely in the winter. But in the summer, I am all about dining alfresco!


The food is so fresh and delicious and wonderful. The staff is so friendly and make you feel like family. My salad had gently sauteed chicken, with fresh greens, homegrown tomatoes, feta cheese and candied pecans, topped with the most delicious balsamic vinaigrette.


Becky's wrap was delicious, and was served with fresh fruit, and the cutest and tastiest tiny muffin. I have to admit, that even though this is a tea house, and serves tea and delicious baked items, I am always so full after lunch that I have never ordered dessert.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the kind that you savor knowing that fall is rapidly approaching. The gift shop was decked out in all things Halloween, and we spent most of our lunch deciding how to decorate the house for fall. We even bought a few things on our way home to get ready for the fall holidays. Call me crazy, but I can hardly wait :)

4 comments:

  1. That looks like such a wonderful spot! The food looks so delicious and I'm sure the fruity sangria was fabulous. Love the brick walk way entering the back yard. It looks so inviting. So happy you had a great time. I hope you have a great week too! xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful place the teahouse looks, and such delicious food, your pictures are making me hungry! I would also love the shop, I'm sure.
    Have a lovely week, Debbie.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could just eat that right now.....looks like a nice little place for a spot of lunch...ciao Alison ( Italy )

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!