September 6, 2010

Labor Day Pasta Salad


This pasta salad is not just for Labor Day, but since I made this for today's cook-out at my parent's house, I thought I would share the easy recipe. And it's not so much a recipe as a list of ingredients that you could put in a pasta salad.

Ready?

1 lb. rotini (or cute pasta shape of your choice)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, whole or cut in half
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 medium carrots, chopped
1 small can sliced black olives, drained
1 8 oz. package shredded cheese (your choice)
4 green onions, sliced
1 cup mini pepperoni
8 oz. Italian Dressing (or amount to taste)

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool. Add pasta to all other ingredients. Toss with italian dressing. (I use Kraft Tuscan Italian). Refrigerate before serving. You may need to add more dressing prior to serving.

You really could add any veggie you would like to this, or any leftover cheese or meats you have in your deli drawer.

This makes a big batch, but if you are having a huge crowd can be easily doubled. Leftovers are delicious!

Hope you are all enjoying your long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!