January 27, 2020

Perfectly Pretty Patchwork

Hello! I am so excited to be a part of the Perfectly Pretty Patchwork book tour. This perfectly pretty book by Kristyne Czepuryk is full of the cutest projects from quilts to pincushions. Kristyne has such an eye for the cutest detail and there is a project for everyone from beginner to advanced.


It was so hard to choose a project, but since I love making zipper pouches I decided on the Flying Geese zipper pouch. There are full size patterns included in the book so all I had to do was choose my fabrics.


I was totally influenced by Kristyne's fabric choices and went with a pretty red and green theme. The fabrics are from Farmhouse 2 by Fig Tree.

There are clear instructions on how to make the cutest little flying geese, and lots of illustrations on how to put the pouch together. There is a combination of machine and hand sewing so that you can achieve a perfect finish.


Kristyne challenged us to use her designs in our own way, so I decided to make another flying geese panel and turn it into a matching pincushion.


They both look so cute in my new sewing space and make me smile when I look at them.


Thanks to Kristyne for including me in the book tour! It was so much fun and I can't wait to see what everyone else makes!




2 comments:

  1. Well done, Debbie! I love the matching pin cushion and that pouch is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea that the book has full size patterns, there is nothing more annoying than being told to copy something at 200% and not being able to manage it. I love sweet zipper pouches, you can never have too many. x

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!