July 1, 2011

Summer Love



During the summer months I am ADDICTED to iced coffee, and have been known to stop twice a day at McDonald's (or during my full time job days) at Starbucks. Just can't get enough of the stuff. I had tried making it at home the only way I could think of. Brew a pot of coffee. Put it in the refrigerator. Pour over ice and add cream and sugar. But it was always weak and couldn't hold a candle to the elixir that is Starbucks.

A week or two ago, The Pioneer Woman posted a recipe for Iced Coffee. Hmmmm. Interesting. You pour cold water over the coffee and let it sit for hours. So I gave it a try. And I made a huge mess. But the resulting coffee was delicious. It was better than Starbucks.

I starting googling cold brew coffee and discovered that there is a french press coffee maker designed specifically for cold brew coffee. I wanted one. It was $40.00 on Amazon. Not in the budget.

This afternoon while at Target to pick up a few essentials, I passed  the clearance row, and there sat ONE lonely french press coffee maker. The same brand as on Amazon. And it was $19.00.


I am rationalizing that I will recoup my investment in about one week. No more drive thru coffee for me. I am using this recipe, tripled. If you've never tried Iced Coffee, you should make a batch to keep you going over the long holiday weekend. You might want to grab a can of sweetened condensed milk while you're at it.

Have a happy and safe 4th of July!

4 comments:

  1. How exciting!! :o) Now you have your very own iced coffee brewing for your home. You lucky lady!! :o) I will certainly check into the recipe you shared with us. I like iced coffee too. :o)
    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I just happen on something I really want at a fantastic price. Your blog is beautiful. I'm following now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I love those serendipitous finds! (And oh, how I love me some good coffee!)

    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds delicious! I must try it - I'm sure I'll love it too.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!